How to Schedule Your Free Teleconference
It’s easy. Just follow these simple steps.
- Log into this site. If you have not yet registered, register here.
- Find a free time slot by checking our events list or calendar.
Note we need a little time to set up the meeting and send you the link, so you should book at least 24 hours ahead to be sure we can do this.
- Schedule your teleconference by clicking here and click on the “Add New” button to create your wonderful new event.
Briefly describe the event so we can check it is suitable. We cannot host events which are not in the public interest.
Procedure for booking your Zoom meeting
The administrator will:
- Schedule your event on Zoom
- Edit your event title on this website by adding “booked”
- Send you a link so you can circulate to people who want to join the meeting.
Checking your event has been booked
In the light of item 2 above, it is important you do not use the word “booked” in your title, otherwise the administrator might fail to book your Zoom conference!
If you do not receive an email containing the link to join the meeting within 48 hours, please contact the administrator at EventAdmin@covtelecon.uk and ask them to book the event.
What happens on day of your event
Anyone with the link will be able to join the meeting so if the meeting is private, only make it available to those who need it. See below for what people see when they follow the link.
On the day of the event, we will start the meeting about 15 minutes before it is due to commence. Once you have joined, we will hand the Host over to you and leave the meeting.
The most important function of the Host is to remove unwanted people from the event. This is very uncommon but the host needs to be aware of the procedure, which is:
- Click on the Participants link at the bottom of the Zoom window.
This will open a box showing the list of participants.
- Hover your mouse over the person you wish to remove.
You will see a button labelled “More”
- Click on More and then on Remove.
That will remove the person from the meeting.
How people join your meeting
On a Device with Zoom Already Installed
When people click the link, if they already have installed Zoom on their device they will be taken to the meeting.
On a PC Without Zoom
They can either download the Zoom app (which gives them full participation on the meeting) or run the meeting from a browser (which has slightly less power than the Zoom app).
On an Android or Apple Device
They will have to install the Zoom app…